[Tuesday, February 13] MGM COTAI opens its doors to public today, with the Grand Opening Ceremony officiated by The Chief Executive, Mr. Chui Sai On along with key Macao government officials and executives from MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) and MGM China Holdings Limited (HKSE: 2282). Set to become the most innovative integrated resort in Macau, MGM COTAI brings first of its kind experiences to Macau and the world.
Guests of honor officiated the Grand Opening Ceremony of MGM COTAI today at Spectacle.
(From left to right)
- Mr. Alexis Tam Chon Weng, Secretary for Social Affairs and Culture of the Macao SAR Government;
- Mr. Yuan Hengge, Deputy Commissioner of the Commissioner’s Office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China in the Macao SAR;
- Mr. James J. Murren, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of MGM Resorts International, Chairperson & Executive Director of MGM China Holdings Limited;
- Mr. Ho Hau Wah, Vice-Chairman of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference;
- Mr. Chui Sai On, Chief Executive of the Macao SAR;
- Ms. Pansy Ho, Co-Chairperson & Executive Director of MGM China Holdings Limited;
- Mr. Yao Jian, Deputy Director-General of the Liaison Office of the Central People’s Government in the Macao SAR;
- Mr. Leong Vai Tac, Secretary for Economy and Finance of the Macao SAR Government;
- Mr. Grant Bowie, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of MGM China Holdings Limited.
About MGM COTAI
MGM COTAI is the latest addition to the MGM portfolio in China. Designed as the “jewelry box” of Cotai, it plans to offer approximately 1,400 hotel rooms and suites, meeting space, high end spa, retail offerings and food and beverage outlets as well as the first international Mansion at MGM for the ultimate luxury experience. MGM COTAI will offer Asia’s first dynamic theater and a spectacle to wow every guest who steps foot in the resort. MGM COTAI is being developed to drive greater product diversification and bring more advanced and innovative forms of entertainment to Macau as it grows as a global tourist destination. MGM COTAI is the largest property and the first private sector project ever to achieve the China Green Building (Macau) Design Label Certification.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Director of Public Relations
Tel: (853) 8806 3412
Public Relations Manager
Tel: (853) 8806 3421