MGM COTAI, designed as the "jewelry box" of Cotai, plans to offer approximately 1,400 hotel rooms and suites, meeting space, high end spa, retail offerings and food and beverage outlets as well as the first international Mansion at MGM for the ultimate luxury experience. MGM COTAI will offer Asia’s first dynamic theater and a spectacle to wow every guest who steps foot in our resort.
MGM COTAI is being developed to drive greater product diversification and bring more advanced and innovative forms of entertainment to Macau as it grows as a global tourist destination. The HK$ 24billion project is expected to open in the second half of 2017.
Fun Facts of MGM COTAI
- The very iconic emblem of MGM – the Golden Lion will be guarding the Cotai property at 11m tall, gilded in imported 23carat gold leaves;
- A highlight of MGM COTAI is the Spectacle, which utilizes 23 LED Walls in one atrium space with an anticipated overall image presentation over four storeys high. Its roof takes up 8,100m2, which is larger than a soccer field;
- The key entertainment feature will be a versatile, transformable Theater space with over 14 seating configurations, with a 180o immersive stage backdrop, capable of reproducing 4K content;
- The whole property used 16,700,000kg of steel, which is equivalent of steel weight used for over 18,000 cars;
- An approximately 300,000 m3 of reinforced concrete is used, which is the equivalent what it would take to fill more than 90 Olympic-sized swimming pools.